- 1) (n) Partner, friend.
2) (n) Pussy. "The P is free" -- BDP (The P is free) 3) (n) Posse.
- (n) Paris. "P-Dog comin' up, I'm staying low" -- Paris (The devil made me do it).
- (n) Music of the George Clinton time period. Parliament Funkadelic was a group in that era and it included such artists as George Clinton and Bootsy Collins.
- (n) Paterson.
- (n) Public Enemy.
- 1) (n) Paid on delivery.
2) (n) Passed over-dosed; a deceased person due to an drug over-dose.
- (n) Park Side Killers, Philadelphia gang of which Schoolly D. used to be a member. "P.S.K., we're makin' that green" -- Schoolly D. (P.S.K. (what does it mean?)).
- PA, PAT
- (n) Port Arthur, Texas. Referred to throughout UGK and Point Blank albums.
- (n) House, home, place where you live. "It's like that and its like this I took her to the pad and we started to kiss..." -- Eazy-E (Gimme that nutt [??]).
- (n) Gun. "Say why ya creep without a muthaphuckin paddle" -- Lady or Rage (Lyrical Gangbang ).
- (v) Hydraulics maneuver where a car goes from all wheels high to all wheels low. "Pancake, front-to-back, side-to-side, and all that shit" -- Dr. Dre (Let me ride ).
- (n) Money. "...and we're getting papers, three months later we run our own caper" -- Boogie Down Productions (Love's gonna getcha ).
- (v) West coast slang for partying or having a good time. Comes from the French word "parler", which means talking.
- Pat Duke
- 1) (n) Patty Duke, an old sitcom television show. "On the stoop doing the Pat Duke" -- Ol' Dirty Bastard (Don't you know ).
2) (n) A popular dance style from the late 80's.
- 1) (n) That's what rap is all about for all you mentally challenged.
2) (interj) Farewell bidding.
- (n) Derogatory term for a white person.
- (n) What comes off when peeling a cap. "The bigger the cap, the bigger the peelin'" -- Ice Cube (Steady mobbin' ) Note that Cube is paraphrasing a Parliament line, where GC says "The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill", but the way he says it, "pill" comes out sounding like peel".
- peeling caps
- (v) Killing someone by shooting him, shots to the head often disfigure it in such a way that the cranium is "peeled back". "One wrong move and your cap's peeled" -- Ice T. (O.G. original gangster).
- (v) Check this out (as in peep this).
- (n) People. "To all my peeps who didn't make it" -- Nas (The world is yours ).
- (n) Penitentiary, jail. "To all of my peoples in the pens, keep ya head up" -- Lost Boyz (Lex Coupes, Beamaz and Benz's [??]).
- (n) Police -- E-40 (???).
- (v) To beat someone up. "I'm ready to pep ya".
- 1) (adj) Rich like butter, really good, extremely well put together. "ATCQ be putting together some phat beats" -- ??? (???)
2) (adj) If a girl was phat, she had Plenty o' Hips And Thighs, in other words PHysically ATtractive; old slang. Think 60's or early 70's here. A bit more modern: Pussy, Hips And Tits or evenPretty Hot And Tempting.
- phat pocket
- (n) A person who has a lot of money
- (n) Philadelphia. Home of Schoolly D., Da Youngstas, The Fresh Prince, Tuff Crew, The Roots, DJ Ghetto, Bahamadia.
- (n) Vagina.
- 1) (n) A firearm.
2) (n) A work of graffiti art (short for masterpiece).
3) (n) Sexual intercourse. "I'm gonna go get me a piece."
- (n) Police officer. "pig" as a synonym for policeman" has been around for about two hundred years (according to "Partridge's Concise Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English"). It did, however, disappear in the late nineteenth century (or, as the dictionary says "go underground" though I'm not sure what they mean by that) and reappear in common usage around 1960. I know that during Prohibition speakeasies who had bribed the local police to not bother them were called "blind pigs" (The Blind Pig bar here in Ann Arbor actually used to be such a place). I suspect that the term has been used to mean any kind of unpleasant person since humans started domesticating the things....
- 1) (n) Boss of prostitutes.
2) (v) To be a ladies man.
- (n) The Projects.
- (n) Dreadlocks.
- 1) (v) To go along with. "I don't think so. Homey don't play that" -- Homey the Clown in "In Living Colour".
2) (v) To fool. "You can't buy no relationship. You played yourself." -- Ice-T (You played yourself [??]).
3) (n) Action.
- play ball
- (v) To play basketball. "Got a pair that I wear when I'm playin' ball" -- RUN-DMC (My Adidas).
- play yourself
- (v) To reveal a weakness, as in poker when you played your cards too early. "No friends 'cause you dissed 'em too, no money, no crew, you're through. You played yourself" -- Ice T. (You played yourself)
- played out
- (n) Old.
- 1) (n) Someone who is "true to the game", ie. someone who never sold out. "To Chuck, Flava and Griff... You're true players" -- Ice-T (M.V.P.'s).
2) (n) A kind of playboy, so a player is good at picking up honeys.
3) (n) "Players" is a black-oriented adult men's magazine.
- player hater
- (n) One who despises or speaks ill of another because he does not have any game of his own.
- player's ball
- (n) A party for players. Outkast mentions it.
- 1) (n) Police officer, parole officer or probation officer. "dven pack my gatt when I go to see my P.O." -- Mobb Deep (The infamous posse [??]).
2) (adj) Piece out.
3) (v) Pissed off, angry.
- (n) The police, from Oakland Police Department. "Yeah it was po-po, and that'sOPD for those who don't know" -- Raw Fusion (?? [????])
- point blank
- 1) (adj) At close range.
2) (adj) Right now, right here, in your face. Used when someone is trying to prove a point or something.
- Poly Apartments
- (n) An apartment project at the west side of Long Beach. Was home for artists like the Twinz and Warren G: "Poly Apartments for tha niggaz that ain't from the LB" -- The Twinz (Good Times ).
- (v) To shoot someone. "I'm a pop a cap in him" -- Jules in the movie "Pulp Fiction"
- (n) A group of people you hang out with. This doesn't necessarily mean a gang. "They got too, too, too much posse" -- Public Enemy (Too much posse [??])
- (n) See marijuana. "Must have been drinking, 'cause this ain't pot" -- Cypress Hill and Sonic Youth (Mary Jane ).
- (n) Term to address a person, compare partner. "What's now up potna" -- Menace 2 Society.
- power U
- (n) Vagina. "On top of that you got the good power U" -- Method Man & Mary J. Blige (You're all I need ).
- 1) (n) A joint laced with crack, west coast term. The east coast equivalent is "turbo". See also marijuana.
2) (n) Friend.
3) (n) Nickname for DJ Premier.
- Private Stock
- (n) A brand of malt liquor.
- project gold
- (n) Huge gold hoop earrings.
- (n) An abbreviation of "propers" or proper respects. A show sits on physical and non-physical props. At an award ceremony the winner gives props: "And I would like to thank...".
- (n) Wine that inmates make in prison.
- 1) (n) Dupe. Check out 70's basketball commentary. Dr. J and especially Nate Archibald used to do dribbling moves to psych out opponents. Psych as in psychological head trips they threw.
2) (interj) I duped you.
- puff lye
- (v) To smoke a medicinal herb, i.e. marijuana. "Life's a bitch and then you die, that's why we puff lye" -- NAS (Life's a bitch and then you die )
- 1) (n) Pump of a pump-action shotgun "Sawed off shotgun, hand on the pump" -- Cypress Hill (Hand on the pump )
2) (n) To play music loud.
- 1) (n) Vagina.
2) (n) Sex, this is used more commonly.
3) (n) A Jamaican dance, the art of moving your stomach and behind on the dancefloor.
- 1) (n) A person related to the Punk movement or the Punk music.
2) (n) A stupid, usually irritating person. "Motherfuck you and your punk ass ghetto bird." -- Ice Cube (Ghetto Bird ).
- (n) Vagina.
- 1) (n) Prostitute.
2) (n) Asshole. "How you like me now, puto" -- Cypress Hill (Locotes [??]).