- (n) From "break boy"; one who breakdances. B-boys in the front, back, side and middle, check out my b-boy rhyme and riddle" -- Schoolly D. (B-boy rhyme [??]).
- (n) Berkeley, California.
- bag up
- 1) (v) To laugh real hard at something.
2) (v) To be caught or arrested by the police.
3) (v) To have sexual intercourse with. "Bag up bitches from John Jay" -- Nas (One Love ).
- bail out
- (v) Run away for someone.
- 1) (n) Ballplayer, someone who is good at playing basketball, and has moved up to earning a lot of money and getting a lot of girls from that. "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller" -- Skee Low (I wish [??]).
2) (n) Someone who has established himself in the hood, who is making much money (beit illegitimate or not), and who is good with the ladies; it is a Blood term. The Crip version of this word is "highroller".
- (v) Having it all.
- 1) (n) Person who cannot dress, a loser. Short for Alabama, meaning a person from the country, backwards unsophisticated. "Me and the rest of the bama's" -- Question Mark Asylum (Deriving from the D.C. area [??]).
2) (n) Shake, a type of marijuana from the leaves rather than the buds of the hemp plant.
- (v) To fight to kill
- 1) (n) someone associated with gangs and murder.
2) (n) Rocker, from headbanging.
- (n) Money. "That's cool cause I whipped out bank" -- Sir Mix-a-lot (I got game [??]).
- Bankhead Hwy
- (n) Highway in Atlanta where all the players go.
- (v) To compete, usually freestyle rapping, sometimes breakdancing or graffiti. "You want to rap and you got no battle, it's like havin' a boat and you got no paddle" -- Public Enemy (??? ).
- Bay Plaza
- (n) Movie theatre in the Bronx - Nice and Smooth.
- be geese
- (interj) To leave. "Yo we be geese"
- beam me up, Scotty
- (interj) Give me crack.
- (n) Expensive European car: BMW, status symbol. Used by Tribe Called Quest on Low End Theory. References to 325i's are to BMW 3-series models with a 2.5 litre engine. References to 735i's, 740i's, 750i's are to models in the 7-series range of BMW models. The 750iL is the flagship model made by BMW. A reference to the a seven series model is found in Ice Cube's "Ghetto Bird". 850i's (mentioned in Wu-Tang's "Can It All Be...") is to the BMW 850i Coupé.
- (n) Head or brain.
- Bed Stuy
- (n) Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn. Also called The Stuy. Radio Raheem wears a Bed Stuy T-shirt in the movie "Do the right thing" by Spike Lee.
- 1) (n) And argument or discrepancy with another individual or group of individuals. The following citation is from the book Juba to Jive: the dictionary of African-American slang, by Clarence Major. Beef n. (1930s-1940s; 1960s-1970s) an "old" word dating back to general criminal use in the thirties. For young black in the sixties and later it meant roughly the same as it had earlier: a complaint or argument; a disagreement in progress.
2) (n) Sexual meat, like a penis. "No service of beef ... meaning to have sex" -- NWA (Parental Discretion Iz Advised [??])
- being [down] with something
- (v) Favouring something, thinking the same way. "Howie Tee, are you with me?" -- The Real Roxanne and Howie Tee ((Bang zoom) let's gogo).
- (n) A prostitute. "She was more than just a bend" -- Grand Puba
- 1) (v) Drunk. "It doesn't matter if I'm dead sober or I'm bent" -- Heltah Skeltah (Therapy [??]).
2) (v) Sad. "You got me bent like elbows, amongst other things" -- Outkast (Aliens [???]).
- 1) (n) Expensive brand of European car: Mercedes Benz, status symbol. "I used to get no play, now she stays behind me, 'cause I said I had a Benz 190" -- N.W.A. (I ain't the one ).
2) (interj) Used to acknowledge "Audi", meaning goodbye.
- 1) (n) A pull out radio. "Here come the cops... put the Benzi-box under the seat" -- Naughty by Nature (Strike a nerve ).
2) (n) A box full of Mercedes Benz emblems that were stolen off the cars.
- (n) A police car. The red lights on old cop cars looked like a berry on top of an ice cream. "Berry flashing those high beams" refers to a cop behind your car signalling for you to pull over. "Didn't even see a berry flashing those high beams" -- Ice Cube (Today was a good day ).
- 1) (n) Baby gangster, as opposed to OG. An OG has shot somebody, a BG has not shot anyone yet. "I quit school cuz of recess, you fuckin BG" -- Snoop Doggy Dogg (Pump Pump ).
2) (n) Black gangster.
- (n) A one hundred dollar banknote.
- (n) See beamer. "Lex, coupe, bimaz, benz" -- Lost Boyz (??? ).
- (n) Kilo. "A bird in the hand" -- Ice Cube (A bird in the hand ).
- 1) (n) Gun.
2) (n) Behinds. "Gals, if you see a man you like, just grab him in the biscuits... and doowutchalike" -- Digital Underground (Doowutchalike [????]).
- 1) (n) Prostitute, literally meaning "female dog"; girls call each other "What's up, bitch?" Doesn't necessarily have to be negative. Doesn't have to mean females either. "Cause some of y'all niggas is bitches too" -- Ice T (Bitches 2 ).
2) (v) To curse or nag about something.
- 1) (v) To copy lyrics from other people. "I know you down south are biting my lines, and if I catch you boy, your ass is mine" -- Schoolly D. (Gucci time)
2) (v) To steal
- 1) (n) A girl. "My seven bizzos" -- 2 Live crew (My seven bizzos ).
2) (n) Someone who is bizarre.
- black book
- 1) (n) A small book carried by graffiti artists for others to do work in.
2) (n) A book to carry phone numbers in.
3) (n) The Bible.
- Black Panther movement
- (n) This movement was founded in Oakland, California by Huey P. Newton, H.R. Brown and Bobby Seale. Fought for the rights of black to bear arms like white people in the late 1960's and the early 1970's.
- 1) (v) To smoke crack.
2) (v) To play music loud.
- (n) See marijuana.
- (v) To creep up on someone.
- 1) (n) Blood brother
2) (n) Member of the Bloods gang.
- (n) See marijuana. Marijuana cigarette, herb stuffed cigar, generally phillies.
- (v) Under influence of a blunt. "Made a little record for the blunted to chill with" -- Cypress Hill (Hand on the pump )
- (n) See beamer. "Drop top BM's, I'm the man, girlfriend" -- Notorious BIG (Big Poppa [??]).
- (n) Marijuana laced with embalming fluid.
- (n) South American throwing weapon, a number of balls on cords. "I'm throwin' bolos you'll find out who's the number one solo" -- Lady of Rage (?? [????]).
- 1) (n) Marijuana laced with heroin.
2) (adj) Very good. "Gimme that bomb beat from Dre" -- Tupac (California love ).
- 1) (v) To have sexual intercourse. "Your aim is to bone" -- Tribe Called Quest (Classic example of a date rape).
2) (n) Penis. "You can act like a doggy, and play with my bone" -- Schoolly D. (Another poem [??]). 3) (n) One dollar.
3) (n) Core, soul. "I'm a rock hard trooper to the bone" -- Public Enemy (Louder Than A Bomb)
4) (v) To bone out, as in leaving. "They all got in the car and boned out" -- Smokey (Friday ).
5) (n) A joint. "Smokin' bones in the staircase" -- Wu-Tang Clan (C.R.E.A.M. ).
- (n) Dominos.
- 1) (n) Graveyard.
2) (n) Domino pile to draw from.
- (n) A waterpipe for smoking marijuana. The marijuana is filtered through the water. When you suck it decreases the pressure in the chamber so the smoke get pulled through the water so it looks like it boiling. It is good because it filters out some of the bad stuff like tar. It also cools the smoke to make it less harsh.
- (n) A term of endearment, like baby. "I'll be in here, boo" -- Method Man (You're all I need ).
- boo boo head
- (n) Whore, deceitful woman. Used mostly around the Bay Area, especially East Bay (check the whole song dedicated to this word by Del on his No Need For Alarm album).
- 1) (n) Totally dope, incredibly fine. Probably orignated from the "Boo-yaa Tribe". That shit was straight-up boo-yaa" -- ??.
2) (n) Impression of the sound of a shotgun, also "boo-yaaka". "Shotgun goes boo-ya" -- Cypress Hill (Hand on the pump ).
3) (n) Marijuana, probably derived from Buddha. 4) (n) Crack, probably related from the fact that smoking crack is sort of equivalent to putting a shotgun to your head and pulling the trigger.
- (n) A shoplifter.
- 1) (adj) Not good, lacking. "And them rhymes you were kickin were quite bootylicious" -- Snoop Doggy Dogg (Dre Day [??]).
2) (n) Bottom, ass. Or getting a piece of ass.
3) (n) Biblical, as in pirates booty or treasure. Since booty is stolen treasure, it could be good or bad. Often used in the negative today.
- 1) (v) To leave, to get up, to break. "You mean bounce... I'm with you, bounce right outta NYC" -- Raekwon the Chef (??? ).
2) (n) Form of music from New Orleans. Check Mystikal's album for a song called "Neva gonna bounce".
3) (n) A reference to the Banhead Bounce, a dance made famous in Atlanta rap music.
- bout it
- (n) Real, not fake, true to the game. "I'm bout it, bout it" -- Master P (Bout it, bout it ).
- (n) Video Music Box, a NYC hip-hop video music show.
- 1) (n) Friend, possibly short for homeboy. "That's my boy".
2) (n) Racist term used by white masters to address a slave. "Boy is a racist white word" -- Dr. Dre (movie: Who's the man)
- boys in blue
- (n) Police. "As I ran there were the boys in blue, pointing their guns at my four man crew" -- Boogie Down Productions (Love's gonna getcha ).
- bozack, 'zack
- (n) Scrotum.
- Brass Monkey
- (n) an alcoholic concoction available in liquor stores. "Drinking Brass Monkey" -- Beastie Boys (Brass Monkey ).
- break off
- (v) Marijuana is sometimes sold as little blocks. So, breaking off some means to share the good stuff with others. "Break ya off something" -- Cypress Hill (Insane in the brain ).
- break to
- 1) (n) Comes from the Biblical term "selah". Comes from music, "on the break", but for hip-hop refers to the break in the record that is created by the DJ. "Beats and breaks".
2) (v) transport onesself to, often quickly.
- (n) Derogative term for fat ugly women from Bremerton, WA, a working-class town with a Naval Base. The joke is that these women hang around and "chasin' fellas in the Navy".
- 1) (adj) Very cold.
2) (v) To punch.
3) (n) A quantity of cocaine.
- (v) To take or steal something.
- (n) See marijuana. "With a handful of broccoli" -- Spice 1 (??? [??]).
- (n) New York City borough where hip-hop was born and raised. Home of Boogie Down Productions. "My posse from the Bronx is thick" -- Boogie Down Productions (My philosophy).
- (n) New York City borough. "No sleep till Brooklyn!" -- Beastie Boys (No sleep till Brooklyn ). Home of Fugees and DAS EFX.
- (n) Man of the same group; friend. In the Bible you will read "brethern", which is used in the same meaning.
- (n) Old car in bad shape. "So I moved on an old car, it was a bucket, but fuck it, it had to do" -- Ice-T. (Midnight ).
- (n) A neighborhood better known as the Brownsville section of Brooklyn used by Smif & Wesson and Black Moon.
- (v) To get buckwild means to have sex, see also wilding. A "buck" is a young, unbroken horse that cowboys try to master at a rodeo. "Get buckwild with the white freaks, show 'em how to really work the white sheets" -- Body Count (KKK Bitch ).
- (n) See marijuana. "I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers" -- NAS (New York state of mind ).
- 1) (n) At the start of De La soul's "Buddy" video, Prince Paul makes a statement to the effect that "Buddy means body."
2) (n) Sexual partner. A bit more than a friend.
3) (adj) Something that appears okay at first, but is actually a cheap imitation; a knockoff, ripoff or fake. Said to be from "Buddies" which are shoes that look cool but fall apart real quickly. "Get that buddy shit out of here" -- (???).
- (v) To act strange, crazy, weird. See ill. "You don't have to take us seriously, we're only buggin'" -- Whistle (Only buggin' ).
- (v) To make a car with hydraulics bump. "Why you gotta pull me over... cause I'm bumpin'" -- Warren G (I shot the sheriff [????]).
- 1) (n) Crash the gates of a show with a pack of people, in the hope to get in without having to pay. "Yo! Bumrush the show" -- Public Enemy. (Yo! Bumrush the show) .
2) (v) To get beaten up by a large, angry group of people. Literally to get rushed by bums or lowlifes.
- 1) (adj) Unpleasant, bad.
2) (n) A load of bunk: a lot of nonsense.
- 1) (n) A large piece of graffiti involving many colors, making it bright and colorful. It usually refers to whole-car productions on subways.
2) (n) A gun.
- bust a nut
- (v) To ejaculate.
- bust slugs
- (v) To fire bullets. "And bust some slugs for South Africa" -- Heather B. with BDP (Seven MC's)
- bust this
- (interj) Pay attention. "But bust this!" -- Ice-T (Bitches 2 ).
- 1) (n) Fake person, weak individual. "Busta ass nigga talkin' bullshit" -- Dr. Dre (Rat-a-tat-tat ).
2) (n) A snitch, a person who tattle-tales.
- 1) (n) Bottom.
2) (adj) Not good, lacking. "Get yourself some toilet paper 'cause your lyrics is butt" -- Tribe Called Quest (Low End Theory).
- (adj) Well liked, smoothed out. "Phife Dog is on the mic and I'm smooth like butter. It's like butter, not no Parkay, not no margerine, strictly butter, baby" -- A Tribe Called Quest (Butter [??]).
- (n) Jamaican, resembles the sound of gunshots. See boo-yaa.