- (n) See beamer. M3 is a special edition model from the BMW 3-series range. "purple M3s and jet skis" -- Nas (If I Ruled the World ).
- Mac 10
- (n) The Ingram Mac-10 30 to 36-shot submachine pistol firing standard 9mm caliber (.38 in) bullets. The American version of the Israeli Uzi. Most "Tens" are actually smuggled Czech M-61s. "The Mac 10 is in the grass and I run like a cheetah with thoughts of an assassin" -- Nas (??? ).
- 1) (n) Pimp.
2) (v) Being a pimp. "Mackin' is a game and everybody's playing it" -- Ice Cube (Who's the mack )
3) (n) The Mack, an early 70's Blacksploitation film shot in Oakland, CA.
4) (n) Ladies Man "I love the ladies and they love me right back, now who's the Mack" -- Ice T. (??? [??]).
5) (v) To steal.
6) (v) To have sex. "You know, I was all getting my macks on with her"
- (adj) Extremely, very, a large quantity. "His jeep was pumpin' mad bass" -- ??? (???).
- (n) Someone who sells drugs.
- 1) (n) Short for magazine, as in clip or ammo insert.
2) (n) Short for Magnum.
- (n) Money. Mo' mail than the rest of the pushers -- E-40 (??? [??]).
- making ends
- 1) (v) Dominoes term, you win when you make ends. "So make all the ends you can make, cuz when you're broke you break" -- Dr. Dre (Lil' ghetto boy )
2) (n) To make money. Think of the phrase "The ends justify the means". The ends may be taken to mean money.
- Malcolm [Malcolm X]
- (n) Malcolm X, civil rights activist leader, gunned down at the age of 35 at the Audubon Ballroom on the north edge of Harlem in New York in 1965 as he spoke to hundreds of followers. He represented the largely urban North. Member of Nation of Islam until 1964. Wrote many texts, interviews, notes and speeches from 1950-1963, of which some can be considered racist. Renounced these points of view in his last year.
- (n) Dried leaves and flowering tops of the pistillate hemp plant that are smoked in cigarettes for their intoxicating effect. Other reported words for it are: bammer, bionic, bomb, brown, bud, buddha, cannabis, cheeba, chronic, dank, doubage, ganja, grass, green, groove weed, hash, herb, home-grown, ill, Indo, iszm, Lebanon, Mary Jane (mj), maui wowy, method, pot, sess, shake, shit, skunk, stress, tabacci, Thai, wacky and weed.
- (v) To chill, hang out.
- 1) (n) A sucker, a target for gaffling and crime. "You mark-ass busta, you betta raise up" -- Dr Dre (Dre [??].)
2) (n) Someone who is claiming a set (subset of a Crip or Blood gang) to which he does not belong.
- (v) To have great fun.
- (n) Probably Jamaican, in which case it comes from the TV game shows, Master of Ceremonies (although the term existed before TV). It was the only person at a gathering that was allowed to use the microphone. Could also stand for Microphone Controller, Mic Checka. "The term, MC, stand for Master of Ceremonies" --- A Tribe Called Quest (Midnight Marauders ).
- 1) (n) Said to be an aphrodisiac. "Funky col' medina" -- Tone Loc (Funky cold medina )
2) (n) Nickname for Brooklyn.
3) (n) One of the three holy cities in Islam (n) One of the three holy cities in Islam
- (n) Second most holy city of Islam; Nickname for Brooklyn.
- (n) Large breath of crack. "Oh please, oh please, oh please, just gimme just one more blast" -- Public Enemy (Megablast).
- meth, method
- (n) See marijuana.
- 1) (n) Short for motherfucker.
2) (n) Short for Mark Ferhman; the police officer who tried to set up O.J. Simpson by planting evidence on him.
- (n) Martin Luther King, civil rights leader, shot april 4th, 1968. He represented the largely rural South.
- (n) See brother, nigga.
- Moneyearnin' Mount Vernon
- (n) Shabazz, 4th ave, 3rd street. One of the worst corners in Mount Vernon - hood hang out, dealers, addicts. Home of Heavy D., Pete Rock and CL Smooth - 77 hillside straight up Columbus Hill make a left in Mount Vernon.
- (n) Clothing label. "Moschino on my misstres" -- Notorious B.I.G. (??? [??]).
- (n) Popular brand of twelge gauge shotgun, used by the police. "And I grabbed my 12 gauge Mossberg pump" -- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (??? [??]).
- 1) (n) Respectless person with no attitude.
2) (n) Also used to express a form of respect for someone. "My motherfuckin' nigga Afrika Islam" -- Ice-T (??? [??]).
- move on
- (v) To mess with. "You move on the Ice and you're going to sleep" -- Ice T (Ziplock).
- (n) Akai MPC-60 sampling sequencer/drum machine, Akai's answer to the SP-12, popular especially in the early 90's. Most hip-hop producers have a machine of the MPC-series.
- (n) The Multi Purpose Vehicle, favored by groups because of their large seating and cargo capacity. "Dedicated to MPV's, phat" -- Wu-Tang Clan (Can it be all so simple [??]).
- (n) (1) Most Valuable Poet (on the mic), compare Most Valuable Player in team sports. As used by Big L in the song "MVP".